Getting Back To That Whole Resolution Thing…
January 9, 2012 § Leave a comment
Have I ever told that one of my all time favorite things is a new notebook? I love how clean and fresh it is. The blank pages give me hope. Anything could be created there. It has promise for so much thought and creativity. Writing on the first page is such a treat. That’s also how I feel about new years. I cherish the idea of new years resolutions, and birthday resolutions, and Wednesday afternoon resolutions. Sometimes we all need to start fresh. Last year my resolutions included:
1. Read 1 book/ month (minimum). Done!
2. Take care of myself… (3 meals a day, 8 hours of sleep, exercise). Failure.
4. Fix my knee (via physical therapy and some T.L.C.). Ehh… I started.
5. Get a new job. Done!
6. Improve this blog. Ehh… hard to measure.
7. Eat out no more than 3 times a month. Ehh… I started.
Ah yes, the collection of good intentions forgotten or otherwise passed by. Based on the success (or lack there of) from last year, this year my resolutions are fewer and hopefully more achievable.
1. Exercise 5 days a week (yikes!)
2. Get renters insurance (duh!)
Easy, right? I hope so! Which is why I raise a glass (actually it’s a water bottle) to this fresh start and welcome the new year! CHEERS!