March 18, 2010 § Leave a comment
It’s Thursday, which means I am hosting a dinner & movie. Tonight we will be watching The Ice Storm, a movie about a family falling apart but stuck together both for the holidays and as a result of wintry weather.
I love the idea of recreating Thanksgiving in March, so we will be having Thanksgiving sandwiches, mashed sweet potatoes and a cabbage salad.
I was able to buy a whole turkey breast (about 4 lbs) at the butcher for roasting. Hopefully it won’t take much longer then a chicken.
Sandwich recipe: assemble as you see fit
- 6 Baguettes, Rolls, or Rye bread
- Roasted turkey breast w/ herb marinade, sliced
- Havarti cheese, sliced
- Lettuce (or greens of choice)
- Cranberry Mayo (via Sandra Lee)
Salad Recipe: (w/ some adaptations)
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar*
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium unpeeled Braeburn or Fuji apples, quartered, cored, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced Napa cabbage
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Spiced pecans (via epicurious)