A Month of Soup
February 25, 2010 § Leave a comment
When it comes to weather March is my least favorite month of the year. Winter is still looming its ugly head and when it does warm up and everything begins to thaw- it gets soupy outside. So I let the medicinal and healing powers of making soup inside cure me of my woes. Here’s to a month of soup…
- French Onion, consider substituting leeks- the “king” of onions
- Polish Mushroom soup
- Oh Fennel Soups! Tomato-Fennel, Lobster-Fennel, Potato-Fennel, Carrot-Fennel, and Onion Fennel.
- Cuban Coffee Chili, coffee in my chili? Thats crazy talk!
- Roasted Carrot Soup (with love)
- Hot & Sour Soup
- Kabocha Squash Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup, a Polish recipe
- Ribollita Soup
- Red Pepper Soup with Gruyere Croutons
- 44 Clove Garlic Soup, seriously.
- Veselka’s Cabbage Soup
- Spicy tomato and blue cheese soup
- Lentil Soup
- Almost Spring Sorrel Soup
- Spicy Lemon Ginger Chicken Soup, good for colds. So is Duck Soup!
- Italian Wedding Soup
- Miso Soup
- BLT Soup, Oh Paul Dean, only you…
- Zippy Potato Soup
- White Bean & Ham Soup, a family favorite growing up- don’t skip on the ham bone!
- Borscht, I’m sorry but you have to do something with all of those beets
- Artichoke soup
- Oatmeal & Tomato “Soup”, I don’t know if I would call oatmeal soup but I can say that fell in love with savory oatmeal about three years ago and just can’t get enough now. My favorite preparation includes soy sauce, lemongrass and ginger paste, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce with a poached egg in the middle- yum!