Out of Africa Recap
January 25, 2010 § Leave a comment
I watched Out of Africa, and as I had mentioned last week, I was pretty excited for it. A couple of thoughts…
1. I love Meryl’s look. Especially her wedding dressing & hat.
2. The cinematography is very striking. Excellent inspiration for an African safari.
3. This young, blonde Robert Redford is pretty dreamy. Does anyone else think he looks like Brad Pitt?
4. While I did enjoy the movie – It wasn’t exactly a feel good flick. I found myrself really rooting for Karen Blixen (Streep) in the film, and I wanted her to come out on top but it never seems to quite workout.
5. I found myself taken aback by the time period. There is a scene in which Steep and Redford are talking about how amazing it would feel to ride in an airplane. And another where they marvel of the invention of the record player.
I do recommend this film.