Quick! I Need Some Cake!
December 29, 2009 § Leave a comment
I saw this 5 minute chocolate cake in Full Steam Ahead. I can’t believe I hadn’t thought of this myself- I love cake!
I would assume any recipe would work if the quantities were scaled down appropriately, but this is the one provided:
5-Minute Chocolate Cake
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil (I substituted with 3 tbsps melted butter and added a pinch of salt))
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)
1. Add dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix well. In a separate bowl, crack one egg and beat thoroughly.
2. Pour in the milk and oil (or the butter) and mix well. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and mix.
3. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. Pour chocolate cake batter into mug.
4. Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. (I’ll cut down the time to 2 mins 45 secs.)
5. The cake will rise over the top of the mug and drip down the sides, but don’t be alarmed!
6. Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate. it won’t be the prettiest cake in the world, but it sure is tasty.